- Megan Barry
- District 15 - Jeff Syracuse email
- School board
- District 4 - Anna Shepherd email
- 2817 Donna Hill Drive map it
- Total project square footage
- 45,114 SF
- Allocated funding
- Melvin Gill & Associates
- Kerry G Campbell, Inc.
- Anticipated completion date
- December 2018
Updates will be posted on a monthly basis while the project is under construction.
Construction at Pennington Elementary School is complete.
North Wing: All VCT is in place; All storefront framing is in place; final paint is complete; Bard units are all in place and trimmed out; ceiling grid is complete; all marker and tack boards are in place; project will be ready for furniture by July 16th. Anticipated work to be performed over the next month include:
- Completion of glazing
- Installation of counter tops
- Installation of all plumbing fixtures
- Installation of ceiling tiles
- Certificate of occupancy
North wing: Storefront framing and glazing is complete in 5 rooms. Marker boards have been installed in 5 rooms. MPE rough-in is complete; Bard units have been installed in 3 classrooms. Anticipated work to be performed over the next month include:
- Completion of all storefront framing and glazing
- Completion of installation of Bard units
- Final painting
- Installation of ceiling grid and lighting
The north wing demo is complete. MPE rough-in is ongoing; masonry at windows is in progress; Anticipated work to be performed over the next month include:
- Continued MPE rough-in
- Completion of masonry at windows
- Installation of Bard units
The south wing is complete and in use by the school. The North wing is undergoing demolition and abatement. Anticipated work to be performed over the next month include:
- Completion of demo.
- Begin MPE rough-in
- Begin masonry work related to window sills.
At the South wing, all VCT is in place and waxed. The State Fire Marshal has approved the overhead inspection. Anticipated work to be performed over the next month include:
- Move into and commence use of the South wing.
- Remediate asbestos containing material in the North wing.
- Begin Demolition in the North wing.
At the South Wing, all Bard units are set; approximately 60% of the storefront framing is in place; the ceiling grid is in place; lighting is in place; Sprinkler heads are going in; masonry at window mockup is ready for review. Anticipated work to be performed over the next month include:
- Finish up the South Wing
- Codes/Fire Marshal inspections
The Administrative Suite is substantially complete. The south wing is 50% complete. Finish painting is nearing completion. MPE rough-in is nearly complete. Anticipated work to be performed over the next month includes the following:
- Framing of the classroom windows
- Installation of the ceiling grid
- Final painting
- Placement of the classroom HVAC units
- Installation of flooring
The Administrative Area nears completion. The South Wing radon piping is in place. Plumbing and electrical rough-in continues. Anticipated work to be performed over the next month includes the following:
- The administrative area completion has been delayed until December 12th.
- The South Wing masonry at the exterior windows is scheduled to be completed.
- Masonry walls at the interior of the space are scheduled to be placed.
The Media Center is now complete with the exception of the Multipurpose Room. The Administrative Area is nearing completion. Demolition is underway in the south classroom wing renovation. Anticipated work to be performed over the next month includes the following:
- Media Center: The Multipurpose Room will be complete and ready to occupy.
- Administrative Area: Complete and ready for use by November 20.
- South Wing: Completion of demo and reconstruction of underslab plumbing; electrical rough-in continues; reconstruction of masonry at window openings will begin.